EFFIGIES and MARKERS

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Extra! Extra! Christy made the papers!

On Sept. 21, I interviewed with a reporter from The Arizona Republic newspaper, which is carried online as AZcentral. This is the article that was published on Sept. 25 (that I only found today, Sept. 30). 

When I was in high school, I was a teen correspondent for The Arizona Republic and its afternoon sister, The Phoenix Gazette, and wrote numerous articles about my school and classmates. During college, I sold a feature article to their Sunday magazine.

The current article by Sonja Haller refers to Rev. Nathaniel Jenkins, who was an advocate for religious liberty. Some records say I'm descended from him, but when I match up the "daughter" I'm descended from, it looks more like his granddaughter that he may have adopted or raised. I hope the Genealogy Roadshow people will figure out the connection, so I applied to be on the PBS television show when they come to the Southwest US in December 2015. 

This is the Rooting for Ancestors blog article on Rev. Jenkins: http://rootingforancestors.blogspot.com/2015/01/nathaniel-jenkins-another-brick-in-wall.html

And this is The Arizona Republic article on me, his 12th-generation descendant. A screenshot of the article is shown below in case they archive the article.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/09/25/phoenix-casting-call-genealogy-roadshow/72624596/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Reasonable, thoughtful comments are encouraged. Impolite comments will be sent to the recycle bin. DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY LINKS.